Links

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Leno




This is Leno! He’s blind and lives about 4 hours away, yet he still hiked all the way to Nagishot (on his own!!) just to have Abbi and me teach him more about God and the Bible!! He’s come to Nagishot before, and Abbi had gone over Genesis and some other books with him last year. This time we went over Matthew and John! We were able to download an audio bible, so for an entire week, we had him come over and listen to each book one time through completely; and after that we broke up each book into chunks, re-listened to the chapters, and Abbi and I took turns talking through each section.

It was really refreshing to have someone who was so interested and dedicated to learning more about God’s word. Leno actually doesn’t claim to be a Christian, but he definitely has an understanding of what he’s hearing. When we would talk about the parables, he was able to explain them so well and even shared some of his own analogies! He definitely has the knowledge, and I’m praying for God to capture his heart. Most people here claim to be “men of God,” but I am so thankful that Leno is real and honest about where he is on a spiritual level. When we asked him if he is a Christian, he just admits to “some what.” But he’s definitely hungry and eager to learn more!

God, thank you for those who are hungry and thirsty to learn more about you. And thank you for the truth of your Word and daily bread that sustains us always.




Hello America. This is Leno in Nagishot. I come from Lotuba. Now I come here to this Nagishot because of this Lisa and I call it Abbi. And I’ve been in need of the word of God for a little bit. Because of some kind of trial in my life. A long time before, I had my vision. But now I am a little bit blind. And so in this word of God I really found the peace of my heart. And hearing about Jesus with the help of these ladies I got the peace of my heart in really knowing Jesus, Thank you. 

4 comments:

  1. WOW LENO LOVES GOD'S WORD!! I'm so encouraged!! this made me tear up. Praying for Leno's faith and love for Jesus to continue to grow! amazing grace<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so humbling to hear of Leno's honesty in where he is at. that kind of rawness is pretty rare, but it is so refreshing and encouraging because i think that raw honesty is often missing in our own self reflections...we are such prideful people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for making him want to know more and for your faithfulness in teaching Him. Now we wait for the Spirit to do the work in him.

    ReplyDelete